Friday, August 24, 2012

Havanna Twists

So, I've been contemplating wearing my hair in braids during the first month in Spain, just until I get the gist of everything. I don't particularly care for braids and would only do them if it was necessary for the health of my hair, so it would be better to opt in.

While searching online for a hairstyle, I came across these chunky two strand twists, that I thought were the girl's real hair. To my surprise, they were extensions. Not quite the senegalese twist, the small two strand twist, they were much bigger in size, they looked full, and they looked great for the Naturals out there. These things are called the "Havanna Twists".

I absolutely love the look, and would definitely put my own spin of hues of browns in them, but these are so easy to do yourself! I can't braid though, so I won't be ruining hair to try them myself.

The hair extensions can be bought online at a site called Finger Comber for $12.99 a pack. The site does advise you that you would need to purchase 5-7 packs of hair to achieve this look. The site also has six colors to choose from.

I don't know if there are any braiding salons in Atlanta that do these braids, so I'm out of luck until I find someone. However, if you are in New York, there is a salon with great reviews on the twists. Afrigenix, located in the Upper West Side has great reviews on the braids. And if you know anywhere in Atlanta, let me know!!!

For all you girls who like the Do It Yourself, I have provided a youtube video showing you how to apply the braid.




I've posted some pictures below for you to fall in love, too.




1 comment:

  1. Hi any luck finding a spot in ATL??? did you ever get the twists yourself? If so, how did it come out???

    ReplyDelete