Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Miss USA 2012

It's the summer, finally! And for you all, it may mean barbecues, hot sun bathing, swimming, and enjoying sleeping in. However, for pageant girls, it's game time! It's a time to attend local pageants for inspiration and supporting friends, writing a plan for upcoming Fall pageants, and hunting down evening gowns! Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, I will not be in any pageants this year because I am going to Spain to study Spanish!!  :)  But!!! That doesn't stop me from being 100% interested and drawn to the pageant culture!

Let me send special congratulations to these girls for their stellar performances in the Miss USA pageant this June:

Miss Georgia USA, Jazz Wilkins, placed 4th Runner Up in the Miss USA pageant this year. She competed with me this past year and WON Miss Georgia USA. Miss Georgia USA was her first pageant and she placed in the Top 5 in nationals... Awesome Right?


Another beautiful contestant, that rocked the stage with confidence and grace was Miss Maryland USA, Nana Meriweather. She really surprised me in her stage presence and I couldn't wait to se her again after her first performance. Now I know what coaches try to reiterate having fun on stage so much. It really shows in your face, walk, and overall performance. She was perfect! 
She place Runner Up in the competition! 


I also loved Miss Texas USA, Brittany Booker for her pre-interview. She discussed her volunteer work in a Special Needs programs dedicated to assist people with Down Syndrome. Her relationship with Bill, a student in the program. Her video melted my heart!! It was so inspiring to see someone really passionate about volunteerism!  


Miss Rhode Island, Olivia Culpo took home the amazing Diamond Nexus crown, to represent USA in the Miss Universe pageant. Her answer to the final question about whether or not transgender contestants should be allowed to compete in the Miss USA pageant was perfect! I believe this is why she won because she showed honesty and fairness in her answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment