Thursday, August 2, 2012

If I were in London for the Olympics...

Happy Olympics Everyone!

If I had the opportunity to travel across the ocean to London, I would want to represent my country to the fullest! This would ultimately give me an excuse to go shopping and get some be gear! I would have to get a USA T-Shirt, USA Earrings, USA Nail Art, and the rest of my wardrobe would only be red, white, and blue apparel.

If I were in London for the Olympics...

If I were in London for the Olympics... by misslizziejones featuring a red and white striped dress

UNIFORMS

One of the many things that I loved about Olympics 2012 were the uniforms worn by Team U.S.A. Ralph Lauren created some beautiful his and her outfits for our team which included a tailors blazer paired with white bottoms, pants for guys and skirts for girls. The ensemble was topped with a navy blue beret and red, white, and blue scarf! I thought this look took me back to grade school when I was forced to wear uniforms from Kindergarden to 8th grade. Hated it then, but love the idea now.

U.S.A. Olympian Uniforms

GYMNASTICS

Gabby Douglas

Gabby Douglas
I also love Miss Gabby Douglas! This young lady was magnificent and she's only 16 years old. She assisted the U.S.A. Gymnastics in winning the gold medal for team all-around. She also has received the gold medal on her own for individual all-around. She is the first african american and woman of color to ever win that event. What a great accomplishment for her! Oh yeah, she has also grabbed an endorsement with Procter and Gamble and many more to come!


SWIMMING

Michael Phelps
Michael Phelps 

Michael Phelps has also brought it home to U.S.A. in a swimming competition on August 2. He also holds the all-time records for gold medals for having 16 gold medals. Congrats Phelps/Fish!



Ryan Lochte
Ryan Lochte
Ryan Lochte

Another U.S. swimmer in the London Olympics also took home some medals of his own. He won his two gold medals for individual 400 meters and freestyle relay, two silver medals for individual 200 meters and 4x100 meters freestyle relay, and a bronze medal for 200 meter backstroke. Not bad for any Olympian. 

TENNIS

Serena Williams won gold in bot her individual tennis match and teamed up with her sister, Venus Williams, in the women's doubles competition. I think I really love her for doing the C-walk (crip walk) representing her hometown Oakland, California. Ha!
Serena & Venus Williams

Serena Williams


No comments:

Post a Comment